Monday, May 14, 2007

Meet Werner Patels, the most immature blogger of the week

I think I ran into the most immature blogger on the internet yesterday. His name is Werner Patels.

I commented on his blog where he claimed that "People are so busy working (because of the tremendous tax burden)". Later he asserted that "Canadians work for Revenue Canada most of the time."

When I called him on these ludicrous statements he started his ad hominem attacks on me. All (!) his assumptions turned out to be wrong, yet I'm still waiting for an apology.

But his immaturity is most prominent in the following. I used this wording to defend myself from being attacked:

And again, Werner Patels delivers: lots of nonsense but no facts.

As far as "the problem" (me being in uni and all that jazz); I can assure you that I have been working full-time over a decade now, in Netherlands, Germany and Canada, and my income has been above median for the last several years.

But that's not why you brought it up, right? It's a cheap trick to shift the attention away from your "problem": there are no facts that support your ludicrous statement that "Canadians work for Revenue Canada most of the time."

*(And I am talking "middle class", not lowest income tax bracket, okay?)
- whatever.
He didn't like that, so HE reduced MY comments to this:
As far as "the problem" (me being in uni and all that jazz); I can assure you that I have been working full-time over a decade now, in Netherlands, Germany and Canada, and my income has been above median for the last several years.
I don't have problems with bloggers having a "mature and professional" comment policy, but I do believe that then all should live by it, including the so-called writer Werner Patels. Making an ad-hominem attack yet censuring my defence is unprofessional and immature.

And that's why I call him the most immature blogger of the week! Yes, unprofessional too.

Update 1: Werner's updated policy for commenting can be found here; "I know most people [...] have a hard time reading and following instructions". So Werner, how about applying your own rules to your own posts?

Werner, you're also in the race for being the "hypocrite of the week", and you're making a good chance!


Update 2: He actually emailed me with an explanation for why it was banned too (that's more dignity than I get from Scott and his Tribe). Here's the whole email:
You used phrases such as "utter nonsense", which was against site rules. You're lucky you have not been banned yet. I did not engage in attacks, but if you don't resort to the language found in letters-to-the-editor, which is exactly what comments to this site must be like from now on, you won't get a single comment published and may even be banned eventually. Grow up.
Really interesting, Werner especially when your own writing is full of BS:

One blogger has begun to question the purpose of blogging and says that message boards are more effective.
To this, I say: complete BS.

So utter nonsense against the site rules, only when I use it? And complete BS isn't?

- Werner Patels Post
- Wikipedia: Ad-Hominem
- Wikipedia: Hypocrisy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Werner has wished me dead on my blog so I concure, funkin knob!!!!!

Post a Comment