Friday, August 25, 2006

Bush sometimes happy about Iraq War; Fair

Ever wondered if Bush is happy about the Iraq war? Well, he is! He told reporters that he's "sometimes happy", but CBS and NBS watchers never got to see this since they "cleaned up" the happy talk:

Bush's unedited comment was as follows:

Q: But are you frustrated, sir?

BUSH: Frustrated? Sometimes I'm frustrated. Rarely surprised. Sometimes I'm happy. This is -- but war is not a time of joy. These aren't joyous times. These are challenging times, and they're difficult times, and they're straining the psyche of our country. I understand that."

But the viewers of CBS News saw a different edited version:

Frustrated? Sometimes I'm frustrated, rarely surprised. These aren't joyous times. These are challenging times, and they're difficult times. And they're straining the psyche of our country. I understand that.
WHOLE STORY

No comments:

Post a Comment